What are MAFEX®-Potato/Fruit spraying systems used for?
In general, MAFEX systems can be used to apply any liquid. The most popular are:
- the liquid treatment of potatoes with seed coating agents, fungicides and anti-sprouting products (e.g. Diabolo®, Fungazil® 100 SL, GROSTOP ® Basis, NeoNet® Start, MonCut®, Magnate® 100 SL, liquid Cuprozin® or even MitoBAR)
- the treatment of citrus fruits and other fruits with various types of wax and fungicides.
- the use of water for dust binding
Where and how is a MAFEX®-Potato/Fruit unit mounted?
Atomisers for use with potatoes, for example, may be mounted on harvesters, box fillers or conveyor belts, with the preferred positioning being right above a drop of the crop. For treatment of fruit, atomisers can be mounted, for example, above the sorting table.
For MAFEX® units with 1 or maximum 2 atomisers, mobile stands are also available.
- Optimal active substance distribution
- Uniform wetting of the potatoes or fruit
- Reduction of the application volume