To enable concrete parts to be loosened easily from the moulds and to ensure smooth surfaces, release agent must be applied evenly to the moulds. There should be neither too much nor too little formwork oil in the mould. To achieve an even distribution with a minimum amount of release agent, the formwork oil must be dispersed into many droplets of the same size.
With the BL-type industrial atomiser from Mantis, it is possible to generate approx. 30 million droplets from 1 ml of liquid. The rotary atomiser is unpressurised, and the spray pattern is created by means of a centrifugal force and using a specially developed atomiser disc. The droplets are deposited evenly on the surface of the mould by means of the vertical air stream generated by the rotation disc and gravity.
BL-type industrial atomisers and the BEMA hand-held unit can generally be used to apply any liquid. In the concrete industry, particularly in the production of prefabricated concrete parts, release agents such as Betopro® (Ecoratio B.V.) or Pieri® Decobio (Pieri GmbH) and Masterfinish/Rheofinish® (BASF Construction Polymers GmbH) are applied using these systems. There are two main areas of application:
- Large-scale application, e.g. on long manufacturing lines for large prefabricated concrete parts, such as concrete element ceilings and walls
- Flat moulds for prefabricated concrete parts, which are manufactured using the wet-cast process where optimum surface quality on the visible side is critical.
The modular design of the systems enables MANTIS ULV® technology to be integrated into virtually any process chain.
The BL industrial atomisers can be integrated into existing systems in various ways:
- Fitted on top of a transport unit so that the moulds move underneath the atomiser(s).
- Fitted to a stand, which moves the atomiser over the moulds.
- Mounted on a transportable frame, which is pushed over the moulds to be sprayed.
Metering and feeding the formwork oil to the atomiser requires a pump that works at maximum 1 bar of pressure. Alternatively, flow meters/metering valves can be used for metering if the formwork oil tank is located above the atomiser and gravity then transfers the release agent to the atomiser. Mantis offers a complete pump unit, which has already been specially adapted to the industrial atomisers, ensuring optimum atomiser functionality.
An electronic controller for the BL industrial atomisers and the pump unit is also available. Alternatively, the atomisers and the pump unit can be operated via the production line controller if the plant manufacturer has the appropriate software and interface.